Lead an Event
COVID-19 guidelines put some restrictions on all of us. Read and adhere to them:
The published events will now say to contact the trip leader for meeting time and place. The leader will confirm having read the guidelines, and will ensure that they are adhered to.
Please read Helpful Hints for Trip Leaders.
To propose an event that you want to lead, send email to
Include the following information:
- Date of event
- Your name, phone number, and email
- Brief Description (Town -- location of event)
- Full Description
- Category (Bike ride, Cross-country ski, Hike, Meeting, Paddle, Snowshoe, Walk)
- Difficulty rating
- Publicity restrictions (None, Local media only, Newsletter only, etc.)
Questions? Contact the Section vice president with any questions.
Your responsibilities as leader
- Contact Participants. Participants should tell you that they plan to participate.
You want to know where everyone is, and make sure the group size is appropriate to the activity.
- Be Prepared. Tell participants to bring appropriate gear for the event you are
leading - lunch, liquid, snacks, footwear and clothing appropriate to the
season and weather.
- Welcome participants at the meeting place. Unless otherwise noted, trips leave from the
Montpelier High School (MHS) parking lot.
- Keep a roster of attendees. Are attendees GMC members?
If not, would they like to join the GMC or our section?
- Emergency contacts.
Write down the name and phone number to contact in case a participant is injured.
- Submit a trip report for publication in our newsletter and on our web site.
Submit your report on our web site or email it to the Vice President.
Difficulty Ratings. The rating levels of difficulty are easy,
moderate, and difficult. (See more details here.)
- Easy - Accessible to all in good physical condition; suitable for
families with children.
- Moderate - Requires a degree of stamina; some previous experience is
- Difficult - Challenging events for people in good physical condition;
previous experience necessary.
© 2021 Montpelier Section of The Green Mountain Club, Inc.
Wed 28 Apr 2021
Wed, 28 Apr 2021 05:43:34 -0700