See GMC Archives
Long Trail News and Long Trail Guides.
Entering web site content
To submit proposed content for the website, use this URL: http://www.gmcmontpelier.org/reports/submit/index.htm. This allows you to type information directly. Use the box labeled 'Text of your page'.
Alternately, you can use a word processor to create a .pdf.doc, or .wp file and attach that file. You can illustrate your text with .jpg images from your camera.
Some hints about entering a proposed web page:
- The primary use for this page is for a trip report. You can use it for committee minutes, a proposed web site page, or our newsletter. Indicate the appropriate 'Type of submission'. You can invent new uses--please label them 'Other'.
- Don't fret about the small stuff. The date, the heading, and your name are added automatically.
- Your text and formatting are reviewed by a human before being published. If you are not sure about something, it's okay to use any of the text fields to ask a question or give further instructions.
- You can expand any text box. Look for a double triangle at the lower right corner. Click and drag the triangle to change the size of the text box.
- The text boxes do not limit the length or number of lines, even if you don't expand the text box.
- It may be easier to create the document in a word processor then 'cut-and-paste' into the text field. That way you have a backup of the page. You can write the page without being online.
- You can add supplementary information by attaching .pdf.doc, or .wp file.
- Uploading large images is possible with a DSL connection but will take perhaps ten times longer than downloading the same image.
- Providing an email address allows us to acknowledge receipt of your entry.
Monday December 03, 2012
© 2018 Montpelier Section of The Green Mountain Club, Inc.
Sun 5 Aug 2018